“There are as many incarnations of female beauty as there are women. The beauty of a woman can be organic or superficial, ethereal or savage, authentic or artificial, raw or meticulous masterpiece. A single image can inspire lust, joy, melancholy, envy, elation, contentment, inspiration and beyond. I am unable to look at a woman and NOT see these things. Each woman holds her own particular, unique beauty and my passion is finding and capturing it.” -Beth Claire
Meet Your Photographer
Hi! I’m Beth! I’m the owner, photographer and primary makeup artist at Lost Highway Imaging. My boudoir photography studio here in Preston, Connecticut was born in 2008 out of my passion for making women feel beautiful and seeing the need for ALL women to be able to experience the treatment that supermodels do every day. As a child, I sat for hours longingly flipping through the pages of fashion magazines, books and catalogs, wishing I knew what it felt like to be on the glossy pages. In my teen years I started working towards making that dream come true and started runway and bridal modeling. It wasn’t long before I realized that my true love was print work and photography and soon I was absolutely fascinated with the process that was happening behind the camera.
The first time I photographed a woman, I was hooked. The look on her face when she saw her images for the first time is etched in my memory. I immediately knew that I had found my passion. I want every woman to be able to feel like a supermodel. We all look at these idealized images of women in the media and we feel like we could never look like that… and that isn’t true! Those women have a full team on set to create that final image, whether it is a magazine cover, an advertisement or an editorial. At our studio, you’ll have professional makeup, hairstyling, wardrobe assistance, pose and expression coaching and expert retouching, just like models and celebrities in magazines. I love showing women how I see them and I want you to love your images just as much in 25 years as you do the moment you first see them! I’m incredibly blessed to have truly found my calling in life and I’m excited to share that with you!
10 Random Facts About Me
- I adore my kids, my husband, unsensible shoes and white chocolate… not necessarily in that order.
- I’m a geek. I love Harry Potter, vampire novels and bad Syfy creature features (Sharknado, anyone?).
- I love my red hair, even though I was teased mercilessly about it growing up.
- Sometimes I feel like Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother. My clients have everything they needs for their transformation already inside of them… I just wave my magic wand and set it all free!
- I was a model before I was a photographer and I became fascinated with photography while in front of the lens.
- I’m just as at home on horseback in boots and jeans as I am in a sexy little black dress and sky-high stilettos. Both are a part of me and I need them equally.
- I am a huge animal lover and was a pre-vet student before I found photography. Pets are always welcome in my studio!
- As cliche as it may sound, I really, truly believe in my heart and soul that all women are beautiful. My photography very much reflects how I see beauty.
- I am uber detail-oriented. Women laugh at me when I pose them down to their pinky fingers, lol!!
- My own personal dream shoot would be inspired by Marie Antoinette and shot in the Palace of Versailles. I’d sew the costume myself and plan the details down to every last pearl.
I’d also like to thank all of the photographers that have given me the opportunity to model for them. It is always an honor to work with other talented, creative professionals and I am blessed to not only call so many colleagues, but friends as well.